Proudly Serving Clients Across the Nation 

Individuals with certain skills and talents can be admitted to the United States on a temporary basis under a nonimmigrant visa. Temporary nonimmigrant visas are available in a broad range of categories, including tourism, business, education, and short-term work. If you are awarded a temporary visa, you can visit the U.S. for specific purposes, as long as your stay is temporary and you have a set departure date.

At Dowd & Company PC, we make educating our clients on their visa options our top priority. When clients turn to our firm for help navigating the immigration system, they can count on our experienced and dedicated immigration team to tell them exactly what the case is going to look like and what is at stake, so they know what to expect at each phase of the journey.

Types of Temporary Visas

Please don't hesitate to contact our renowned legal team at Dowd & Company PC if you need help obtaining any of the following temporary visas:

  • B-1 Visas: This type of visa is available for business visitors or foreign nationals visiting the U.S. to conduct temporary business that will benefit a foreign employer. If you need to consult, sell products, attend conferences and business meetings, or evaluate investments in the U.S., then you might be eligible for a B-1 visa.
  • E-1/E-2 Visas: The E-1 visa is for supervisory or executive workers from a country that holds a current treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S. The E-2 visa is for investors in a U.S.-based enterprise. If you need to conduct short-term or long-term business in the United States, then speak to us today about obtaining an E-1/E-2 Visas.
  • F-1 Visas: This type of visa is for a student in possession of a USCIS-issued employment authorization document for “optional practical training” or an authorization to work by a school official for “curricular practical training.”
  • H-1B Visas: In order to obtain an H-1B visa, you must have a higher education degree or its equivalent in the applicable field of endeavor.
  • H-3 Visa: The H-3 visa for individuals who want to receive training that is not available in their home country. However, the training can't be graduate medical or academic. Individuals can also apply for this visa if they are participating in a practical training program that educates children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.
  • L-1A/ L-1B Visas: The L-1A visa is for intracompany managerial/executive transfers from overseas office, while the L-1B visa is for intracompany “specialized knowledge” transfers from overseas office.
  • O-1 Visas: This visa is available for individuals with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • R-1 Visas: The R-1 visa for individuals who want to visit the U.S. for temporary work as a minister or another religious vocation or occupation. You must belong to a bona fide U.S. based non-profit religious organization for at least two years before you can file a petition.

Request a Consultation with Our Temporary Visas Attorney Today

Our founding attorney, Debra Dowd, has been practicing immigration law since 1988. Dowd & Company PC is committed to serving and providing each of our clients with the top-notch personalized legal representation they deserve to address all of their immigration concerns. Our legal team is familiar with the unique challenges you might have to overcome to obtain a temporary visa. But with our reliable counsel and insight in your corner, you will have the support you need to confidently pursue your case goals.

If you would like to schedule a case consultation with our firm, please give us a call at (804) 413-6962 or contact us online to get started.